Firbank is seeking an exceptional Mathematics leader who has passion and innovation, who is ready to lead our Mathematics department into the next phase of development.
The Head of Mathematics is responsible for co-ordinating and leading the department, with particular focus on curriculum review and teaching practice. Support from external mentors is provided and you will have the opportunity to drive newly created programmes.
The Head of Mathematics will be responsible for:
- Leadership in the innovative use of digital technologies. The use of technology is a vital part of teaching and learning at Firbank;
- Ensuring continued innovation in the teaching of mathematics;
- Providing opportunities for enrichment for gifted students and oversee all out of hours mathematics related learning;
- Actively working with members of the Mathematics department in planning a pathway for the professional learning needs of the faculty; and
- Holding regular faculty meetings with published agendas with subject teachers. Minutes of the meetings should be recorded.
Applications close 13 August 2019. Candidates may be interviewed prior to applications closing.
This position is a 3 Year Leadership Position.
Firbank is a Child Safe School